instagram

Grateful for the GOSPEL

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Yesterday as I was riding the subway home from school, an elderly lady comes up to me and offers me a small pamphlet. Right away I knew she was doing her own missionary work for her church. Being with the LDS missionaries for when tracting, I know how it feels like to not be given a chance. So politely, I took the pamphlet. Why not, she's a fellow Christian.

So I looked at the back of the pamphlet and it read...

"...you can be saved right now! It's not up to you! Just bow your head and pray to God in your own words, and admit to Him that you are a guilty sinner who deserves hell, but that with all your heart, you believe Jesus Christ can save you from hell and change your way of life."

After I read that, I had this sick gut-feeling in my stomach. When the paragraph started, I was thinking well 'yea, that's how you're supposed to repent...they're just like our church". But when it continued to say "to admit to Him that you are a guilty sinner who deserves hell"...wow, it gave me the sickest feeling ever.

Growing up in the church, i've never ever been taught that that was the way to confess to God. I know that when you've made a sin, you kneel humbly down in prayer and ask for God's forgiveness and ask Him to help you repent.....NOT to tell God you deserve hell.

I can't imagine all those people out there who have no idea what comes after this life. Also the love that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ has for them, that there is a way to find they're way to eternal life through the Atonement.

Well after that experience, I was just so grateful that I had the gospel in my life. I can't imagine my life without it....and after the realization of how little people in the world must know, then I must go out and do like what the song says, "I will not be still". I need to get out there and do some missionary work!

"For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ:
for it is the power of God
unto salvation to every one that believeth..."
- Romans 1:16 (scripture mastery!)

Post a Comment

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .