instagram

Happy Birthday Elder Anderson!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Today was an extremely, super busy day!

I had to be at the church for 10am to be part of a seminary graduate discussion board. It was kinda like a workshop for all the seminary and institute teachers in the region and they decided that what kind of feedback would be better than hearing it from seminary graduates themselves? I got there super nervous to be having to put my ideas in front of adults, but it wasn`t too bad. I talked a lot about how much i knew my seminary teacher, Sis Michele Hynynen, loved me and the rest of the students, which made me really try hard in seminary. It also helped the fact that I was striving to gain my own testimony. And seminary was definitely a huge help in gaining my own. I felt pretty good after it, and some of the leaders came up to us afterwards. One man said,

You know, my generation was never like this. Your generation is really different. The church is in good hands if you guys are the future leaders of the church.

I mean, it wasn`t that big of a deal, but it felt good to hear. I had to scoot out of there right away because I needed to start preparing for Elder Anderson`s birthday dinner. Before I left, Amy Fuller came with me to photocopy the program for Sunday. She told me how she wanted to serve a mission and I am SUPER HAPPY for her. She is going to be an amazing missionary. I really look up to her and her strength and I know she will do amazing things. Also, Amy happened to be talking to Bro. McMullen about her concern on modesty with the youth (she happened to see a whole lot of immodesty at the youth dance the night before). I thought this would be a great opportunity for me to advertise our video. Lucky for Sara and I, one of the leaders gave me his email address for us to send him the video once it is finished! YAY!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANYWAY, so for Elder Anderson`s birthday.

The Menu:
Tex Mex Baked Potatoes &
Perfect Chocolate Cake

This was the first time I would be making those two, so I was super excited and scared all at the same time. I started off this the cake and it took a REALLY long time to make. There were just a whole lot of details. But I think it was all worth it because it turned out REALLY good in the end. My mom had to help me with the potatoes because I was running out of time, so she helped chopped the vegetables (since i`m so handicapped and slow when it comes to that).



Elder Anderson arrived with Elder Sjoblom. They had to stand outside the door for a while because my dad wasn`t back yet from picking Laura up from Priest Laurel Conference in Brampton. But it`s ok, I stood there with them and tried to entertain them.

So dinner was served first, with both hot and mild choices of meat mix for the potatoes. I thought it was great! I loved the smell of chili powder mm mm mmmm! Elder Dewey showed up a little while after with Elder Lusk. They were right on time for us singing happy birthday, and that`s when we presented the cake to Elder Anderson. He`s so cute, i love the way he got excited and clapped his hands while we sang.






And after the cake Elder Anderson was just like: SO WHERE`S MY PRESENT?! Haha impatient much?

So, of course, he got his Flipside care first!


And then he got his super-fantabulous gift from me: nun-chucks!


You might be asking why. This is why:


My dad was pretty impressed with the little drawing i made on the back. I was pretty impressed too. Haha, but yea, tis an inside joke. Not funny at all, or at least in my case -.-`


And of course, the birthday boy`s gotta take his picture with the Limas girls!
Ok, just a little explanation, he was putting his mouth towards my cake, so I pushed it onto his nose (: Haha this is why he`s one of my best friends.


Then he wanted to get pictures with Elder Dewey and Bobby...
Bahahahaha this picture makes me laugh SO HARD.
Look at the bromance!
They all just have so much love for each other.
Hahaha awww and their faces!


AND YEA! That`s pretty much how my day went. Way good and full of smiles :)

- Ariana Rae Limas ♥
live well . laugh hard . love big .
29.o1.11







Post a Comment

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .