instagram

"Give me a young woman who..."

Sunday, February 27, 2011

As I was at the social after Anita Coombes funeral, I sat by myself to go through the new Personal Progress book since we were discussing it yesterday at the leadership meeting. I didn’t really know anybody and I didn’t feel it was all that appropriate to socialize with them after their grandmother had just died, so I decided to keep to myself by the keyboard and read. I’ve had this quote inserted in my scriptures for Proverbs 31: 10-31 because I thought it was the most appropriate to put it there (I suggest you read the scripture after you read this quote). I received it in a Young Women’s class in 2005 and six years later I just happen to reread it in the new Personal Progress book and I started to tear. Do you know who great it would be to be known as a young woman like this?

“Give me a young woman who loves home and family, who read and ponders the scriptures daily, who has a burning testimony of the Book of Mormon. 
Give me a young woman who faithfully attends her church meetings, who is a seminary graduate, who has earned her Young Womanhood Recognition award and wears it with pride! 
Give me a young woman who is virtuous and who has maintained her personal purity, who will not settle less than a temple marriage. 
And I will give you a young woman who will perform miracles for the Lord now and throughout eternity.”  
– Ezra Taft Benson

The way I strive to live my life is to try to represent this. It gets hard, and I won’t lie, sometimes I forget (hence why I cried after rereading it). I praise any young woman who tries their best trying to be like this. 

- Ariana Rae Limas ♥
live well . laugh hard . love big .
27.o2.11

Post a Comment

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .