instagram

Little Moments Like That

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sara Deeks, one of my closest and dearest friends, sent me this video by Brad Paisley. It's the cutest things I have ever seen. Sara knows exactly what I want in a guy, and this could pretty much describe him (or his feelings, anyway. there's a whole lot more when it comes to the spiritual side ;)). A guy who loves a girl for everything she is and just really notices every thing about her and finds beauty in her through those little things she does. If you've read my excerpts from the book my friends and I are writing, the character I'm in charge of, Avalie Lavista, is waiting for a guy named James Calvin. But another character, Tanner Aruiso, once a guy who liked to flirt around with all the ladies, has fallen for her. And it's all the little things she does and says that gets him to fall for her. No matter how imperfect Avalie might feel to be, Tanner is able to look past that and sees the beauty within her that makes her special to him. Ladies out there, my piece of advice...that's the way to go. Find a man who's going to love you for you. He's going to think you're beautiful just the way you are. He'll find perfection in your little imperfections that illuminate you as a unique individual. That's why I look up to Elder Richard G. Scott (one of the Quorum of the Twelve). The way he illuminates his love for his wife is wonderfully incredible and inspiring. Note to self: post up his talk from conversations...once I do, you'll know what I mean. But many of our leaders and general authorities in the church treat their wives like queens. Girls, that's what you should be looking for. Not a guy who's going to like you for your looks or because you "act" a certain way. He's going to love you for you and think you're beautiful because of what he sees inside of you. In the end, that's what you're going to want. Faking or pretending to be something you're not isn't going to make a man love you fully. If you want a man to love you like this song, you're going to have to be who you are and be it with confidence. The best two things a girl can wear is her smile and confidence (now, don't mistaken confidence with pride. just sayin'). So here's the video! Enjoy!







And here are the lyrics. Read em, and ponder them. Because I think they're simply beautiful.
Well I'll never forget the first time that I heard
That pretty mouth say that dirty word
And I can't even remember now, what she backed my truck into
But she covered her mouth and her face got red and she just looked so darn cute
That I couldn't even act like I was mad-
Yeah I live for little moments like that

That's like just last year on my birthday
She lost all track of time and burnt the cake
And every smoke detector in the house was going off
She was just about the cry
Until I took her in my arms
And I tried not to let her see, me laugh-
Yeah I live for little moments like that

I know she's not perfect, but she tries so hard for me
And I thank God that she isn't
Cause how boring would that be?
It's the little imperfections, it's the sudden change in plans
When she misreads the directions and we're lost
But holding hands-
Yeah I live for little moments like that

When she's laying on my shoulder, on the sofa, in the dark
And about the time she falls asleep, so does my right arm
And I want so bad to move it, cause its tingling and its numb
But she looks so much like an angel,
That I don't wanna wake her up-
Yeah I live for little moments-
When she steals my heart again and doesn't even know it-
Yeah I live for little moments like that 







- Ariana Rae Limas ♥
live well . laugh hard . love big .

16.o2.11





P.S.
it's my parents 20th anniversary today!!!! Just sayin'! I thought i'd just go along with the theme of this song (:

Post a Comment

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .