instagram

Mission of this blog.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Well I've been pondering about the reason I have this blog again. My posts tend to get all over the place when I forget to recognize why I started this blog in the first place. So, today during my 3 hour break, I decided to update my "About Me" page and tell you why. This is it: 

The mission of this blog...What can I say? Life is absolutely chaotic. I've ranted quite a few times about that on this blog. This used to be called Once Upon a Lifetime: Life as an LDS Teen. My purpose was to be able to share the Gospel with others. But I wasn't very good at this whole blogging thing. But now, I've decided to change the title to one that suits fit, MY LOVELY CHAOS. Life is wonderfully crazy. I know I say "oh yea, I've got school and church", many of whom might think that just means going to school and church; but it absolutely does not. Of course with school you got all those readings and essays and assignments to complete. And church? Church is a whole other story. My definition of church and your definition of church will be completely different. My definition of church isn't ONLY going on Sunadys to worship... 
I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. What being a member means to me is being able to live the Gospel every single day of my life. So that doesn't just mean going to church on Sunday;it's constantly praying for opportunities to help others,it's being able to live and apply the principles that i'm taught through scriptures,it's trying to be an example of Christ to everyone around me,it's about recognizing the talents that God has bestowed upon me and using them as a tool in the hands of the Lord,it's to share with the world what i know to be true. 
We're always taught as youth that we were born as a choice generation. We are the royal generation. We were appointed to come to earth at this time for a specific purpose. Of course, each individual needs to go and seek the nature of their purpose; but undeniably, the mission of all us brothers and sister of the church is to spread the Gospel to the world. We need to let the rest of the world know what is true. There are supreme and wonderful blessings that come from living the Gospel, some that I probably haven't even recognized yet. But I have a testimony that I know this is the true Gospel of Christ. And because I love it so much it's only right that I share it with others so that they may gain joy from it as well.
Now how can blogging possibly do that, you might ask. Well i recognize that life is crazy. There's a whole lot going on. And like I said, with "church", there comes a lot more, physically, mentally, and spiritually. So the only way to deal with it is for me to share my life with you. And by doing so, share with you how everything is a blessing. I want you to know how everything I come across in life IS a blessing. Yes, it's hard to recognize situations as blessings, especially when it's a trial of adversity, but I'm here to show you how I recognize the things in life, both big and small, are each a blessing to me. And by recognizing my blessings in life, I hope you too will be able to recognize all the blessing in yours. And by recognizing that, I hope you understand and share the knowledge with me that we are both children of God and that He loves you and has blessed your life with much more that you can think of. 

Life is crazy. But life is also beautiful. Learn to love it.
I know my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love me and with valiant faith, they will help me through everything. Like the hymn says, "I believe in Christ, so come what may!"
Life-- bring it on.


So from now on I'll try to stick to this purpose and mission! :D


- Ariana Rae Limas ♥
live well . laugh hard . love big .

10.o2.11 

Post a Comment

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .