instagram

Zion's Camp

Friday, February 11, 2011

Coincidentally, the lesson in Institute this week has lots to do with what I wrote in my blog yesterday. So I thought I'd just share some thoughts I have written in my journal from that class...
Heavenly Father gives us trials so that we can prove ourselves to Him. But maybe He is helping us prove to ourselves, more than to Him, of what we are capable of doing and helping us find our greatest potential as His child. 
----- 
"Be still and know that I am God" - you don't know what the Lord has planned for you. We need to be tested. We need to use our faith to rely on Him. In the video of Zion's Camp, God sent Joseph and a bunch of men to go fight for a piece of land. They traveled many miles and suffered lack of food and water. Some murmured, some kept the faith. In the end, they ended up not having to fight (which caused more murmuring amongst the men because they traveled all that way for nothing). As they returned home, Joseph explained that God never had the intention for them to actually fight. God needed to appoint people to the Quorum of the 12 and 70 and He needed to see who would be willing enough to do what the Lord asks of him. 
----  
Fulfilling our callings prepares us to fulfill so much more.

SCRIPTURE: Doctrine & Covenants 105: 5, 10-12


5. And Zion cannot be built up unless it is by the principles of the law of the celestial kingdom; otherwise I cannot receive her unto myself.
10. That they themselves may be prepared, and that my people may be taught more perfectly, and have experience, and know more perfectly concerning their duty, and the things which I require at their hands. 
11. And this cannot be brought to pass until mine elders are endowed with power from on high. 
12. For behold, I have prepared a great endowment and blessing to be poured out upon them, inasmuch as they are faithful and continue in humility before me. 
So basically, we need to be tested and tried before we can help build up Zion. God wants to see how faithful we can be and how much we will rely on Him to do what He asks of us. This not only helps build up Zion, but it helps us to be prepared as well, to become more perfect, allowing us to be more and more like Christ. The trials and tribulations we face are just experiences to benefit us in the future and to help us fulfill our duty to God (just like in Zion's Camp). I remember one of my Young Women leaders saying to me once long ago; she was pregnant with her 3rd child and it was supposed to be a girl, but she died while still in her tummy. She didn't understand why, but later on she said that Heavenly Father allowed that to happen to prepare her to become Relief Society president. As Relief Society president, she would have to deal with many women who may have to deal with similar things, and because Heavenly Father blessed her with that experience, she knows how to comfort others who are dealing with it too. (And God did bless her with a 3rd son as well). So we just need to remember to humble ourselves and always turn to God with faith, enduring anything He asks of us to do.



- Ariana Rae Limas ♥
live well . laugh hard . love big .

11.o2.11 




Post a Comment

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .