instagram

The Girl with the Beautiful Smile

Monday, March 14, 2011

Another during-the-media-fast post. I was on break between my Drama lecture and tutorial and I couldn't go on Facebook, so I had to find things to do related to keeping the Spirit with me. So I went on LDS.org and I found this article I really liked. I always said I think a smile is the best thing anyone could wear :) This was my favourite part of the article:


Then the thought came to me, “Just put on your biggest smile.” 
I walked in with a bounce in my step and the biggest smile I’d ever shown. Like they say, by acting happy, you feel happy. I beamed as I shook the judge’s hand. Then I read my report in a clear voice, pausing now and then to smile at her. At the end of my report, I thanked her for her time. She did not seem scary anymore. As I walked out of the room, I felt relieved and happy. 
A few months later I listened as my piano teacher read the comments from the judges. On the last comment she said, “Wow, you really impressed this judge. She wrote, ‘Michelle, the girl with the beautiful smile.’” I didn’t have to ask her who wrote that. 
Changing my attitude helped me do my best. Whenever I have something difficult to do, instead of showing myself to be unwilling, I decide to make it fulfilling and enjoyable. I know that my attitude affects my experiences. By persevering with a good attitude, I have learned to enjoy my challenges.


Click the link for the full article: The Girl with the Beautiful Smile



- Ariana Rae Limas ♥
live well . laugh hard . love big .
09.03.11 

Post a Comment

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .