instagram

This is why he's the best.

Monday, March 14, 2011

OK, so after conference I was feeling super rotten because I knew I had to do something  to fix all this drama. Elder Kearon's talk hit me the hardest: about humbling ourselves and being the first to say sorry even if it wasn't our fault. It was a huge slap across my face. After conference I knew I had to go talk to her, but as I ran out after her she disappeared. I didn't find her till later and by then, I had to go home and I didn't get a chance to say anything.

We were driving out of the underground parking lot and I was feeling SO BAD. Then my phone starts ringing. It's Elder Anderson and he's asking me what I was doing. I told him I was in the car driving home from conference. I guess he took the hint that I didn't want to speak then because there were people listening. I dunno, it's just a habit of mine to go into the room when I talk on the phone. I can't have any distractions. So he told me to call him back later. BOY, WAS I RELIEVED. I was so relieved that it was him who was on the phone. I needed someone to talk to and Elder Anderson is just THE BEST at giving the right advice.

I got home and called him back, but he didn't answer. He called me back while I was eating -.-" But I ran to the room anyway because I needed to get everything off my chest.

So he asks me how the rest of the party went and I told him about it. Then he's like "so what'd she say". Hahaha, I didn't know he was actually going to call for that. Earlier at the party, Tita Ermalee had said something that was completely embarrassing and I thought he heard, but he didn't. And now he was trying to convince me to tell him what she said. I ended up telling him what she said: "she's like 'no, you and Elder Anderson are married!'" HA, there was silence at the end of the phone (which I was scared of), then he's like "Ariana, how'd they find out?!" Bahahaha ok, this is why I have no problem telling him things. He'll turn it into a joke if I think it's awkward.

Anyway we started talking about the party and missionary work (re-activating the less active), and then one topic lead to another and we got back to the topic of her. So I started pouring out my whole freaking soul out. I was telling him about what Elder Kearon said and how now I was feeling bad because I knew I had to do something to make this situation better and blah blah blah blah blah. Then I told him I knew I had to say something but I was scared. I explained that I know she has a way of telling people straight to their face that she doesn't like them. I said I wish I didn't care, but I do, and I hate that about myself.

Then he says: why does it matter? You just do what you know is right and whatever happens after doesn't matter anymore. She's only one person. There are many other people who look highly of you.

Then he says: if you have enemies, that just means you stood up for something right somewhere in your life.

BLAAAAAH. I wanted to bawl my eyes out. He said a whole lot of good things along with the lines above.

So when I was feeling a bit better I told him:

Me: You know you really have good timing in calling. You called right when we left the church and I was feeling  horrible.

Him: Yea, well it was the Spirit.

Me: Seriously, I felt like I needed to pour my heart out to someone. And then you called and yea....ARE YOU LAUGHING AT ME?

Him: Just a bit.


SIGH. So now I'm feeling a whole lot better. Thank you thank you thank you Elder Anderson! :) This is why he's one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world. He's just that great.


- Ariana Rae Limas ♥
live well . laugh hard . love big .
12.03.11

Post a Comment

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .