instagram

Watchmen quote

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

If any good is going to come from reading Watchmen, it's going to be this quote:

...until your mother loves a man she has every reason to hate, and of that union, of the thousand million children competing for fertilization, it was you, only you, the emerged. To distill so specific a form from that chaos of improbability, like turning air to gold...That is the crowning unlikelihood. The thermodynamic miracle. But the world is so full of people, so crowded with these miracles that they become commonplace and we forget. We gaze continually at the world and it grows dull in our perceptions. Yet seen from another's vantage point, as if new, it may still take the breath away. - Watchmen; chapter 9, page 27

That was Dr. Manhatten talking. I thought it was just an interesting way to look at the world and I really liked it. I didn't like reading Watchmen just because I thought it was so inappropriate and it drove the Spirit away, but if I were to pick one good part, it would be this way to look at life. It's true, sometimes we forget about this blessing of being able to live on earth and get the chance to live a life. Heavenly Father's plan was for us to come here and gain experience and to be tested before we return to Him. But because we live in it everyday we tend to forget. So I'm just grateful I was able to read that bit to help remind me how great our world and His plan can be.


- Ariana Rae Limas ♥
live well . laugh hard . love big .
o1.o3.11

Post a Comment

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .