instagram

LOVE this quote

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

BLAH. So I've been so busy with school and stuff that I haven't had the time to reply back to a whole bunch of people's messages. But today I finally got the chance and I replied back to Julia, one of my really good friends who I recently just go extra close to since we did our Modesty photo shoot. Anyway, we were emailing each other back and forth and I did read her last one, but I didn't get a chance to reply back to it until 5 minutes ago. But I remember the quote she sent me and I have been using that the past month or so to guide me. And now that I'm reading it again, it just brings SO MUCH COMFORT to my heart:


“In the past I have tried to figure out whether I should go into business or into teaching or into the arts or whatever. As I have begun to proceed along one path, having more or less gathered what facts I could, I have found that if that decision was wrong or was taking me down the wrong path—not necessarily an evil one, but one that was not right for me—without fail, the Lord has always let me know just this emphatically: ‘That is wrong; do not go that way. That is not for you!' 
“On the other hand, there may have been two or three ways that I could have gone, any one of which would have been right and would have been in the general area providing the experience and means whereby I could fulfill the mission that the Lord had in mind for me. Because he knows we need the growth, he generally does not point and say, ‘Open that door and go twelve yards in that direction; then turn right and go two miles … ’ . But if it is wrong, he will let us know—we will feel it for sure. I am positive of that. So rather than saying, ‘I will not move until I have this burning in my heart,’ let us turn it around and say, ‘I will move unless I feel it is wrong; and if it is wrong, then I will not do it.’ By eliminating all of these wrong courses, very quickly you will find yourself going in the direction that you ought to be going, and then you can receive the assurance: ‘Yes, I am going in the right direction. I am doing what my Father in Heaven wants me to do because I am not doing the things he does not want me to do.’ And you can know that for sure. That is part of the growth process and part of accomplishing what our Father in Heaven has in mind for us” (“What Is Your Mission?” in Speeches of the Year, 1979 [Provo: Brigham Young University Press, 1980], pp. 97–98).



I feel like I'm in a super emotional crisis right now. So this morning when I prayed I asked Heavenly Father to help me find some sort of answer in m scripture study. So as I was doing my scripture study this morning, I was reading Alma 49 and verse 14 said: "the city of Noah, which had hiterto been a weak place, had now, by the means of Moroni, become strong". I know they were talking about the city, but somehow I applied it to my situation right now. The principle I got out of that was that as long as I follow the council of the prophet and the church leaders, I will be made strong. Right away, the first thing I thought of was Dallin H. Oaks talk during the Saturday session of General Conference. It was one of the talks I was praying about, asking if it was the answer I needed. So I took it to myself that the answer I was getting from the scriptures was to follow the council I learned from Elder Oaks, which was to take the courage to seek after what I desire. After that I said a prayer again (which I don't usually do after scripture study), and asked that if this is really what I should be doing, that I may feel comforted about it.

All morning I've been talking to Sara, Alanna, and replying back to Julia. Honestly, I feel SOOOO thankful for my friends at the moment. If i didn't read this quote again, I would be faltering in my courage to do what I need to do right now. If they weren't here for me to be talking things through with, my insanity would probably have gone over the top already. And if it wasn't for there advice, my motivation wouldn't be as strong right now. So I say thank you to all my friends, especially: Laura, Sara, Holly, Jezreel, Alanna, Julia, Marcella, and Alex.

I was thinking about what lesson I could learn from all of this if things didn't work out. Here's what I came up with:

Maybe I had to go through this experience so that I could learn to fully depend on Heavenly Father and learn to really study and ponder the scriptures and words of the prophets. I have never done what I did in the past few weeks than I have ever did in my life.

I have never tried so hard to pay attention to what the Spirit is trying to tell me.
I have never depended so much on Stake Conference and General Conference to find an answer for my life.
I have never depended so much on my scripture study to tell me something I really needed to hear.
I have never had a principle come easily to me like what happened today.
I have never prayed so hard for someone else to follow the Spirit to make the right decision.
I have never depended so much on my Heavenly Father's comfort before.
I have never been so grateful for my friends than I am right now. They are seriously the keeping me from going into complete insanity right now.

The thing is, after this experience, whether things work out or not, I'm going to be praising him all over again. It's because of this experience that I've been depending so much on my Heavenly Father right now. Ha, this just makes me want all the more to end up with him. He doesn't even understand. Maybe one day I'll post up all the things this person has done for me without even realizing it. As for now, that will be my little secret.


- Ariana Rae Limas ♥
live well . laugh hard . love big .
06.04.11

Post a Comment

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .