instagram

Weird Food Tiings!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Today I had my date with Nathan.

During General Conference I had made a brownie cake for Amaru's birthday. Nathan and William had some hummus with them and dared me to put some onto my piece of cake. Mind you, I have never tasted hummus before and I had no idea what it was. I told Nathan if he did it then I would do it. So we did. Hmm, chickpeas and garlic on top of a piece of brownie cake...actually not to shabby! I liked it.

Thus the idea for the date was born. I told Nathan, "why don't we have a weirdest-food-combinations date?"

I did my research and you don't even know the kind of weird things people put together. Nathan and I wanted to try stuff that would be weird but within our budget (aka, stuff we already had), so this was our menu list for the day:


1. Grilled bread & peanut butter, chocolate, berry sandwiches
2. A grilled cheese with peanutbutter and green olives
3. Peanut butter, laughing cow cheese, bananas sandwich.
4. Bannana,applesauce and chocolate syrup.
5. Cream cheese and bacon on a bagel
6. Tortilla chips dipped in fruit-flavored yogurt with chocolate chips 
7. Doritos dipped in brownie mix 

We started off with the grilled cheese sandwich with peanut butter and olives. We didn't have green ones so we used red. Neither of us had breakfast yet so this was pretty much our brunch. 


This is Nathan putting the concoction together. 


Mmm, doesn't that look delightful? 
NOT!
Ariana rates 4/10.
Nathan rates 3/10.
It wasn't all THAT bad. But then again, when you're hungry anything tastes good. Thankfully Nathan had made a second pure grilled cheese sandwich for each of us just in case we didn't like it. 


Next up was the peanut butter and Laughing Cow cheese on bananas. I personally didn't think this would taste that bad because peanut butter and bananas are normal to me. What's a little cheese going to do?


There goes the Laughing Cow cheese into the peanut butter...


This is Nathan sucking it up. It was DISGUSTING.
Ariana rates: 1/10
Nathan rates: 1.5/10

It was SO GROSS. We had to force ourselves to finish it and we needed milk to down it. I don't usually like to eat peanut butter, especially because I don't like it sticking to the roof of my mouth. This just made it 100 times worse! All you'd taste and smell is peanut butter, then when it's stuck in your mouth all you taste is this weird salty thing...BLEHHHHHHH!!!!

We gave our stomachs a break. Piano time!! Nathan played me some of the pieces he was working on for his piano recital. Then we started to play duets to some of the songs he had...Land Before Time and Five for Fighting!!! Awww yaah!

After a while we decided we would see what else we could try. What was left?

1. Grilled bread & peanut butter, chocolate, berry sandwiches: Sounds yummy!

2. A grilled cheese with peanutbutter and green olives
3. Peanut butter, laughing cow cheese, bananas sandwich.
4. Bannana,applesauce and chocolate syrup: Seemed like a good snack.
5. Cream cheese and bacon on a bagel: Yuck. If we tried this after all the stuff we ate, I think I would've barfed.
6. Tortilla chips dipped in fruit-flavored yogurt with chocolate chips: I personally didn't think this sounded all that appetizing
7. Doritos dipped in brownie mix: We were going to do this but Nathan put the brownie mix in the oven and we had no Doritos. So we just had brownies. 

We were going to try them, but we were too bloated to eat anymore. So we ended up watching Stardust! We started half-way through the movie (the part where they get on board the ship) and watched until the part where Tristran pulls out his sword at Humphry (just because it's my favourite with all his hot sword fighting swag!). And I saw Yvaine do her love confession all over again...sigh. It's honestly my most favourite quote. I don't think it could have been said any more beautiful or sincere:

You know when I said I knew nothing about love? That wasn't true. I know a lot about love. I've seen it, centuries and centuries of it, and the only thing that made watching your world bearable. All those wars, the pain, lies, hate, made me want to turn away and never look down again. But to see the way mankind love. You could search the furthest reach of the universe and never find anything more beautiful. So yes, I know love is unconditional, but I also know it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangly easy to mistake for loathing. And what I`m, I`m trying to say, Tristan, is I think I love you! My heart, it feels like my chest can barely contain it, like it doesn`t belong to me anymore; it belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange. No gifts, no goods, no demonstrations of devotion. Nothing, but knowing you love me too; just your heart, in exchange for mine.

Then Nathan showed me his mission paper stuff. I'M SO EXCITED FOR HIM!!!!!! Then he drove me home and we talked about books all the way. I need to catch up on my summer reading list.

Fun stuff, man. But I am STILL BLOATED! >.<


- Ariana Rae Limas ♥
live well . laugh hard . love big .
13.04.11





Post a Comment

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .