instagram

YSA Conference 2011 - Day 2 - July 16, 2011

Sunday, July 17, 2011

WORKSHOPS
Workshop #1: Being Benevolent
- We believe in BEING...
- can you do without being?
- Use self description. Think yourself into becoming by doing.
- Matthew 7:21-22, 1 Corinthians 13
- Focus on your motives; the outside comes after
- "The world works from the outside in; the Lord works from the inside out" - Ezra Taft Benson
- Benevolence isn't about getting stats or working miracles, but wanting to do good
- Moroni 7:45 - charity = parent = driven by love, just like our Heavenly Father
- Our time on earth - learn charity. We need to be careful what we do here because it may not only afflict your parents but your Heavenly parents as well
- focus less on yourself and more on others!!
- **Make the best of my visiting teaching**
- "The best and most clear indicator that we are progressing spiritually and coming unto Christ is the way we treat other people." - Marvin J. Ashton
- Watch over, be with, and strengthen others
- "Nothing so much calculated to lead people to forsake sin as to take them by the hand and to watch over them in tenderness. when persons manifest the least kindness and love to me, O what pow'r it has over my mind" - Joseph Smith
- What are you going to do to become benevolent?

Workshop #2: Virtue
- In times that we are idle, we tend to wonder. Fill your life with good, wholesome activities and goals to fill your time with to help you grow and learn. This is the pattern of behaviour you should establish in your life.
- Look at each other as Heavenly Father's greatest prized-possession. Each of us deserves to be treated with respect.
- Always remain virtuous to the Lord no matter what. Learn to bridle your passions. Do not let anything or anybody bring your standards down.
- *My patriarchal blessing says that I have a good mind. Sometimes I think I don't. But that is what Heavenly Father expects of me because He knows I have that potential. My goal is to be able to fulfill what Heavenly Father expects of me.
- *Have that heart to heart discussion with Heavenly Father - I think I don't have much to pray about? Force myself to think of the things I need to fix and work hard to change them. STRIVE TO BE BETTER!

Workshop #3: We Believe in High Adventure
- Lack of understanding leads to lack of belief - limits their faith and confidence - limits ability to solve problems - can't look forward and can't progress - keeps going less and less until it leads to hard heart (It's a continuous cycle) - So when "stinky things" happen in life, all they see are the "stinky things"
- "The church has done many difficult things, and from these achievements one would not wish to detract. But all the easy things the church has had to do have been done. From now on it's HIGH ADVENTURE" - Elder Maxwell  (Relates to topic of trials of pioneers compared to our trials now that Sara and I talked about concerning The Work and the Glory)
- D&C 121:26-27
- High Adventure - when you think of adrenaline activities, they can be so much fun and filled with excitement. But as the same time there's such a high risk of your life because you can make one mistake that leads to disaster.
- We chose to come here. We WANTED to come here. So when we are faced with trials we have to deal with it. Suck it up princess!!
- 2 Nephi 11:4-8
- I BELIEVE IN CHRIST, SO COME WHAT MAY. LIFE-- BRING IT ON!

--------------------

The workshops were amazing. The spirit was so strong and I wanted to do so much better after listening to them. The last workshop was perfectly in tuned with the main topic for my blog. It definitely put me back into perspective.

After the workshops was lunch. Aryana had a meeting with the IRC so Sara and I decided we'd eat lunch then take a short nap cuz boy was I tired! But right when we were cleaning up after lunch Andres called me and asked what we were doing. I told him I was about to sleep and he called me lame -.- So he invited us out since it was such a beautiful day...which it was!

So Sara and I just chilled with Andres and Jonathan for the break. I love those two! And look look lookie at what we found!! Yes, it is a dear. I got so excited! When it started to walk away, Jonathan and I followed it cuz I wanted to pet it :) (But I didn't....it disappeared into the forest)



After break was the service project. Jonathan and I walked together for that one and I must say, the Deeks have always talked about how great the Bernal brothers were but I only knew Andres. And Andres is the bombdiggity! Now that I got to know Jonathan a little bit more I can officially say along with the Deeks that the Bernals ARE  really that great. We had a really interesting conversation and I must say I was really impressed.

The service project activity was to write to the soldiers out in war. They showed us a video about the Highway of Heroes. Honestly, I've always seen the sign on the highway but I never knew what it meant. And now I do. And I now have a greater appreciation for the men and women who fight for our country. It truly is an amazing and courageous thing to do.

Next was the water sports activity! WOOT WOOT! It was so nice and hot outside, water sports were perfect to drench the heat! I love the UofTM field...so much fun to run around in!



This is us soaking wet from playing the water version of Octopus! Too much fun :) And then I just made them more wet by attacking them.



Next was time to get ready for the YSA Formal! Woot! I was so excited for it :)
We be your 103 ladies :)
The two Ar[i][y]ana's and the Sara. OR
The two white girls and the Filipino. OR
The two who can dance, and the one who can not.




Last few moments with Dannykins before he leaves for Australia :')



Me and Shanelley :)



So during the dance Sara and Malkia and I had challenges for each other. I did not get to fulfill my challenge but I definitely helped Sara and Milky fulfill there's hahahahahaha!!

After the formal Dante and I frolicked in the sprinklers with our formal attire. LOL.

And after we've gotten dressed in our PJs, Andres told me to come outside because apparently there was a party going on...what? We open our door and like everyone was just chilling in the hallway (our door was right at the main entrance window so we could see everyone outside). So we went ahead and joined them IN OUR PJs! Andres, Jonathan, and Jaime invited us all to go watch the guys play football, and we were about to but part way there Aryana had a prompting that we should go back. So we did and had girls' talk instead :)

Post a Comment

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .