instagram

YSA Conference 2011 - Songs

Sunday, July 17, 2011

So during conference there were quite a few verses from hymns that I thought would be appropriate to share for the sake of my blog.

HOW FIRM A FOUNDATION hymn85 - last verse
Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid.
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my righteous, upheld by my righteous
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.



DO WHAT IS RIGHT hymn237 - last verse
Do what is right; be faithful and fearless.
Onward, press onward, the goal is in sight.
Eyes that are wet now ere long will be tearless.
Blessings await you in doing what's right!




TODAY, WHILE THE SUN SHINES hymn229
Today, while the sun shines, work with a will; 
Today all your duties with patience fulfill. 
Today, while the birds sing, harbor no care;
Call life a good gift; call the world fair.
Today, today, work with a will;
Today, today, your duties fulfill.
Today, today, work while you may;
Prepare for tomorrow by working today.


Today seek the treasure better than gold,
The peace and the joy that are found in the fold.
Today seek the gems that shine in the heart;
While here we labor, choose the better part.

Today, today, work with a will;
Today, today, your duties fulfill.
Today, today, work while you may;
Prepare for tomorrow by working today.


Today seek for goodness, virtue, and truth,
As crown of your life and the grace of your youth.
Today, while the heart beats, live to be true,
Constant and faithful all the way though.

Today, today, work with a will;
Today, today, your duties fulfill.
Today, today, work while you may;
Prepare for tomorrow by working today.




^There is so much truth portrayed in these songs. Especially in the chorus, "prepare for tomorrow by working today." I don't know how much more I can express that everything that happens now, whether good or bad, is just something that Heavenly Father has given us to help us learn and grown because He loves us. My testimony for music is so strong. I love the impact they have on the lives of many. Even at times when I'm feeling spiritually low, all I have to do is play any LDS song and the truth is just portrayed to me so simply but beautifully.


- Ariana Rae Limas ♥
live well . laugh hard . love big .
17.o7.11

1 comment

  1. LOVE THIS ONE!!! Music says so much! Sometimes I feel like I can only use songs to bare my testimony! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .