instagram

Funny how two hours gets you on a spiritual-high.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Man today was busaaaay (meh, what else is new?)

We woke up at 5:45am to start our ride to the University of Toronto Mississauga campus at 6:30. It was our special ladies' day out: Sis Deeks, Sis Burns, Maria, Sara, and moi. Sara was asked to do a Modesty presentation for YLC again this year :)

...and I was her technical assistant.

The Toronto stake is in Nauvoo but i'm thinking "whateves, I'll still know people".

PFFFFT. I saw a few familiar faces and a whooooole bunch of unknown ones. Odd. I've only been out of youth for a year.

Sara's presentation went SOOOOO WELL!!! I am so excited for her! She has so many opportunities coming her way and I'm so happy for her because she's working her way towards her goal: to be able to work with the youth. Yeah, she's amazing.

We finally got a short version of our modesty video done because Sara wanted it for her presentation (history: we were going to enter the Mormon Messages contest but didn't make the deadline). The long one will be coming soon, but here's the short one for now:



Sara's presentation went longer than it was supposed to, but the key note speaker laid out his message loud and strong in like 20 mins. I was so impressed. And it was SO GOOD. He really knows how to make a presentation. And after his talk I found it more important to wait patiently for a worthy Priesthood holder and the importance of being worthy of someone else : )

(See, this is YLC is so amazing. You know these things already, but the world just makes you forget so easily sometimes. It's so refreshing to remember what I'm actually waiting for.)

Later on we had our lunch and walked around the field to see if we could find any friends. Julia and Kenny are cool because they ditched their sports to come hang with us for a while.


When we got back to Sara's place we watched Chasing Liberty

Daaaaaaaaaang, MATTHEW GOODE!

I thought he was a little attractive in Leap Year when he looked and acted slightly like a slob and was totally sarcastic but still charismatic with his (fake) Irish accent:



...How much more attractive do you think I thought he was when he was clean cut, determined, responsible, dark-haired, has his regular English accent, built, and a photographer and undercover agent:


He's the one on the left. See the camera? Hot daaaaaaaang.

Then I was at my grandma's because my visiting teachers were coming: Aryana & Melissa. Those two are the bomb. I was paying extra close attention so I know what to do when I go visiting teaching on my own with my grandma next week.

Lesson was on Holy Women. I really liked what Melissa said how being holy is a partnership with Christ. I remember back in the 12th grade when I told my friend what LDS stood for, he said "but you're not a Saint". Me being me, I didn't wanna make it sound like we were the most holiest people on earth in a boasting way. 


But if he were to ask me again now, I would say that being a saint doesn't mean we're perfect and doesn't mean that we constantly focus on church all the time. But what we DO do is have that constant relationship with our Heavenly Father. We strive to have the Spirit with us and communicate with our Heavenly Father to create a relationship with him. We do things to the best of our ability, and He does the rest...and even then, he's still helping us while we're doing our best. Us being "holy women" is to always have that constant companionship of the Holy Ghost and that relationship with God so we know how to be better. We aren't perfect, but he knows our potential as His sons and daughters, and he's helping us to become like Him.


- Ariana Rae Limas ♥
live well . laugh hard . love big .
18.08.11

Post a Comment

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .