instagram

Work and the Glory quote

Friday, March 23, 2012

The following is one of my favourite quotes from The Work and the Glory volume 6: Praise to the Man.

He laughed. "Let me tell you something, Olivia. If my enemies think I claim to be perfect, they are fools. I am but a rough stone. The sound of the hammer and chisel was never heard on my until the Lord took me in hand. And it has been a painful process at times." 
"Really? Even for you?" 
"Even for me. Not long ago I told the Saints that I am like a huge, rough stone rolling down from a high mountain. The only polishing I get is when some corner gets rubbed off by coming in contact with something else. The faster I roll, the more I strike with accelerated force against such things as religious bigotry, priestcraft, and all manner of evil." His voice softened noticeably. "So it has always been with me, and so, I suppose, it shall always be-- all hell knocking off a corner here and a corner there until I shall become a smooth and polished shaft in the quiver of the Almighty. I ask for nothing more, and hope for nothing less."
Joseph Smith talking to Olivia Medenhall Steed, page 570.  

How wonderful a quote that is! I thought it would be perfect to share on my blog since it is something I talk about all the time. All the trials and tribulations we face are just tests the Lord puts us through because He wants to perfect us. If we are not tried then we do not gain the experience we need to be perfected unto the Lord. We must not forget that when trials come we need to be steadfast in our faith. The more we live righteously, the harder Satan tries to bring us down. I know that Heavenly Father does not give us trials or temptations that we cannot handle. All we need to do is trust in Him and have faith and we will learn what He wants us to from the experience.


- Ariana Rae Limas ♥
live well . laugh hard . love big .
23.3.12

Post a Comment

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .