instagram

Institute - Job

Friday, March 2, 2012

Just some thoughts from Institute

Job 2:6-10...we are taught:
- Satan is real and destructive
- All we have is from God
- Satan is the father of all lies
- Obedience is our 1st priority
- We need the Saviour

Statement: Satan exists. Satan is permitted to afflict man for a period of time. He has great power to destroy me. But as I turn to the Saviour with all my heart, he has no power over me.

I am IN LOVE with the following verses from Job:

 10 But he aknoweth the way that I take: when he hath btried me, I shall come forth as gold.

 11 My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined.
 12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.
We watched a part of this video with Elder Quentin L. Cook:

Last but not least, the following is a quote that really stood out to me. Elder Richard G. Scott says:
When you face adversity, you can be led to ask many questions. Some serve a useful purpose; others do not. To ask, Why does this have to happen to me? Why do I have to suffer this now? What have I done to cause this? will lead you to blind alleys. It really does no good to ask questions that reflect opposition to the will of God. Rather ask, What am I to do? What am I to learn from this experience? What am I to change? Whom am I to help? How can I remember my many blessings in times of trial? ..."This life is an experience in profound trust--trust in Jesus Christ, trust in His teachings, trust in our capacity as led by the Holy Spirit to obey those teachings. ... To trust means to obey willingly without knowing the end from the beginning (see Proverbs 3:5-7). To produce fruit, your trust in the Lord must be more powerful and enduring than your confidence in your own personal feelings and experience" (in Conference Report, Oct. 1995, 18-19; or Ensign, Nov. 1995, 17).
I LOVE that quote! Everything I share on this post are things that stood out to me in Institute because it emphasizes the things I try to blog about. My teacher, Bro. Mcmullen came up with this really cool analogy:

Coal = MANKIND

Heat & Pressure = TRIALS & TRIBULATIONS
 
Diamond = GODHEAD

If you don't get it, this might explain it :)
"You can handle pressure brilliantly.
Burdens that threaten to destroy us can transform us if we trust in the Lord"
Image

God is good. Why not be happy? :)



Post a Comment

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .