instagram

Truth!

Sunday, April 7, 2013

"What e'er thou art, act well thy part" ♥ 


General Conference was nothing short of absolutely amazing. As usual. Do I love getting answers to my questions, prayers, and heart's yearnings? CHYEAH, I DO :) I love how it is through the prophet and apostles's counsel that I remember what my heart truly desires, and reminds we what I need to do to work towards those goals and to receive those blessings. I love being in such a wonderful mood! 


"I believe in Christ like I believe in the sun. Not because I can see it, but by it I can see everything else" - C.S. Lewis. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is true! I am so blessed to know that!! It is the only reason I know that I have a loving Father in Heaven who has a plan for all His children; that Jesus Christ is my older brother and died so that I might have a chance to live with Him again; that the Holy Ghost can be and IS my best and closest friend--in ways that only you will be able to understand if you seek for it yourself; and that families can be together for eternity. God's plan is perfect and is the only thing that makes this life worth living. I am SO grateful that being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints allows and helps me fulfill the things I need to do to follow that plan!


Other things worth mentioning just because they fill me with gratitude and happiness:
  • Derek made these amazing dessert inventions that I have fell in love with. Chocolate-filled cookies with ice cream in between, whipped cream on top, and blueberries to top of that. YUM.
  • Jared taught me a jazz scale and delightfully entertained Amber and I with his wonderful talent I have always wish I had. 
  • Seeing Amy's face and getting her hugs always brightens up my day. She is the best. 
  • Julio had me in tears with his testimony. I LOVE the whole Ospina family and am grateful to have them as my friends. 
  • I got to sit in an interesting discussion between the Elders and my high school friend Ruba! I was so happy to see her again.
  • Stan the Man sat in the discussion as well. He is an awesome missionary and is an amazing example to me:) I love my boyfriend mucho. I hope I can learn to teach like he does. 
  • One of our fave missionaries from way back in the day, Jason Parker, is coming to visit Toronto the week before I leave! Woo-hoo! It's about time!



AND I LEAVE EXACTLY ONE MONTH FROM NOW! Just sayin'.

God is good. Why not be happy? What a great weekend ♥ The Church is true!




Post a Comment

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .