instagram

Wonderful Week

Monday, July 22, 2013

THIS WEEK HAS BEEN FABULOUS.
I wont write details but I will give you highlights. 
But first, I want to share my anthem with you. Sis Ash and I blast this song when we're driving in the car and i sing it with zeal! It's my motivation to keep on keeping on.

TODAY IS THE DAY I WILL OPEN MY MOUTH
I WILL SHOUT FROM THE ROOFTOPS
THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT
AND IM SHARING MY SOUL WITH THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK
WITH THE LOVE THAT HAS MADE ME THIS WAY
YES TODAY IS THE DAY I PROCLAIM WHAT I BELIEVE!
THE GOSPEL'S THE GOOD NEWS
LIFE EVERLASTING
FAMILIES-THEY WONT FADE AWAY
I STAND AS A WITNESS THAT LOVE LASTS FOREVER
AND I WILL NOT WAIT ONE MORE DAY TO SAY
OH TODAY IS THE DAY THAT I PROCLAIM
I'M SHARING MY SOUL WITH THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK
WITH THE LOVE THAT HAS MADE ME THIS WAY
YES TODAY IS THE DAY IS THE DAY

YES TODAY IS THE DAY I PROCLAIM WHAT I BELIEVE!!!



K, so I have the best district EVER. Here's a little lo-down on my mission family right now. There's:
Anderson & Komoroski: Anderson is our district leader. It took a while for us to get used to him replacing Stewart, and him and sis Ash were kinda fighting two weeks ago. but all is well now and he is awesome. he gave a great training on humility this week. Komoroski, he is quiet, but he is FUNNY. 
Johnson & Grace: These two are my buddy boys! They are Sis Ash and I's go to people. We always sit next to them and we have the most inside jokes with them. Elder Grace kinda reminds me of Andrew Dapat.
Farley & Rougeau: These two are the sweetest people. Elder Rougeau is like an older brother to me. He is also the only elder older than me and sis ash hahaha. They are just really sweet. I dont know how else to describe them. Rougeau goes home soon and we are praying that he will get to train next transfer because he definitely deserves it!

I am SO IN LOVE WITH MY BRANCH MEMBERS. They are the bomb! There is a family who moved out of the branch and lives in Champaigne...which is where we had our president interviews. They took us out to dinner after interviews. They have the cutest baby. I know we're not supposed to play with children, but kids just love us here hahaha. 

Interviews went well. Pres Morgan asked is Sis Ash and I get along.....we looked at each other and back at president and we were like "NO, we hate each other". Bahaha. I love her.

During trainings during interviews, i had to do two roleplays UGH. The 1st wasn't so bad. The 2nd, Elder Facer (our AP) got me to be companions with the President's daughter. I start freaking cuz here you have a greenie and a student. But it went well. WHEW.

On Thursday we had our appointment with Nancy! She was a media referral. Oh man, her husband would make a GREAT bishop. Too bad he left right before we started the lesson -____-. So Nancy is great. We didn't know she has been going to church for 3 weeks now....in Terre Haute. UGHHH. ok, so Paris..we are the boot of the mission. We are literally boardering the next mission. So our situation is...Terre Haute is a city 20 mins away from us, yet we cant go there -.-" now what's worse is that Nancy is going to church there. so the missionaries in Terre Haute cant come into our mission to teach her, and we cant go over there to go with her to church. ayaaa.a And she doesnt want to attend Paris. Oh man. But we are praying SUPER SUPER hard that she will prompted to come to Paris instead. We really need her. Sis. Delp came with us to our appointment and Woooo the spirit was strong! It was my first time teaching the 1st discussion to a new investigator. 

On Friday we spent all morning working with a less active and helping her move her things from her house into her trailer. She owns a horse ranch. I was SO grateful my allergies didnt act up. I am allergic to dogs/cats/furry animals...dust, pollen...you name it. And i was SURROUNDED. But i sneezed a few times and that was it. whew. We were able to squeeze a lesson in with Justin about the law of chastity. That went REALLY well. Then we went to our new branch mission leader's house. Bro Randolph lives on a farm and we were supposed to help him wash his pigs for the upcoming town fair. But they toured us around. Hahaha the Randolphs only have sons, and they dont usually talk to us at church. It was funny to see them open up and deal with other women in the house hahaha. We had intense missionay work related conversation. We are going to press forward HARD. I'm excited. We didnt have time to wash pigs, so they let us lead the cows back into their pen. my cow's name is snookie :)

On sunday JUSTIN CAME TO CHURCHHHH!!! FINALLLY! I was so happy!!! And his mom, our less active, Sis May, came too! we had a great lesson with her on saturday about honesty. I thought we were going to focus on the sacrament, but she picked honesty. And you know what? It was awesome. Because we ended up talking about repentance and she was telling us about her smoking habits and how she wanted to stop. So things are progressing. IT IS AWESOME.

Seth Hodge wont text me back though :( He's a former investigator we picked up. He would have been a great member....but he just wont get back to us on appointments. 

So this week has been BUSY and wonderful. And we all know what that means for me and my body. Migranes and body aches. it really frustrated me this week. My zone leader said in my blessing that i should get more rest if i needed. And on Thursday i slept in looooong. Then we had an amazing day. But at the end of it my head was pounding. I just got really mad at myself. I've been taking advil all week to stop the pain. Le sigh..

But other than that this week has been BOMB!
This week we have exchanges with our sister training leaders. man, time flies. they were just here. lol

anyway. Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
I love you all mucho!!!!







Post a Comment

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .