instagram

And the Miracles Keep Coming

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Hola Holaaaa!

So this week has just been all over the place. But it's been great...and hopefully I can sum it all up without sounding as crazy as I did last week lol.

So on Tuesday we had our STLs (Sister Training Leaders) come do exchanges with us. Though they weren't really exchanging with us because we had meetings and service the whole day. Anyway, they asked me what they wanted me to have them train on and I asked them to help us out with "talking to everyone" because its one of our goals and we just need help doing it. They asked how Sister Fernandez is doing and I said she's great! Seriously, my companion is so awesome. I told them that I am definitely learning more from her than she probably is from me. They asked how I felt as a trainer and I said we're just doing and learning together...i'm still new, and I dont want her to feel that i've above her or know more just because i've been out a little longer. Everything we do, we're doing it together. So when it came to inventory, i don't know why, but i was a little nervous cuz i thought they were going to say we need to pick up the work or something. But they said they were very impressed!! WHAT?! Lol! They said that me training right after being trained was very impressive and that I'm implementing things my trainer didn't, and they could just tell I love my companion. And with Sister Fernandez they said that she's just so gun-ho about the work, she went straight into it and she's involved, she asks questions, and she could train right after she's trained. THAT MADE ME SO HAPPY! Not to here my compliments, but to hear my companion's. Ah! I'm so proud of her! They helped us with "talking to everyone" by challenging us. Oh man. They challenged us to tract for 2 hrs everyday this week and then use 1/2 hour of that to street contact in the stores. OH MAN. I was so pumped!!

I'm happy to report we succeeded the next day. While we were at the food pantry Sister Fernandez was talking to this 17 yr old boy and he was just spilling his life out to her and how many mistakes he's made. Sister Fernandez bore her testimony to him and shared amormon.org card with our number. I was helping this one lady out in the line and I felt prompted to compliment her on her ring. When she lifted her hand to show me, I saw that she had a CTR ring on as well! We both just got super excited haha. So i told her to give us a call. ANYWHO, I had come to the food pantry with a plan to give Hugh (this old man I work next to) a Plan of Salvation pamphlet because last time he was telling me about his friend who lost his wife and how sad he was. Well he comes up to me and the first thing he says is "i looked up Toronto in a map and I didn't know you lived so close to Niagara Falls!". So we started talking about travelling. He used to travel all the time with his wife and his sister in law. But his sister in law passed away, and it was very sad for his wife because they were like best friends. And so I asked him if his wife had talked to missionaries before. He's like "yea...but the thing is we go to our own church". AWKS. Well we talked on and off after that, him and I working around the awkwardness. But when it was time to leave I handed him a POS pamphlet and asked him to give it to his wife. I told him how knowing that plan helped me when my grandpa passed away. He took it and smiled and invited us to come over so we could meet his wife!!! EEEEEK!!!! I was so happy!! We went tracting for an hour and a half in the evening. No success, but it felt great. Usually I'm so nervous when I go tracting, but i was just so excited. Haha i guess part of the reason is because I have to help Sis Fernandez not be so nervous. But we met a ton of Catholics and they were super nice and I was so excited to tell them I've been to their St Mary's church once. It was great.

Uhmm some successes/blessings/ and tender mercies:

* Sis Step is a less active and we did service for her on Tuesday. She's had it rough. Her father and her husband both had cancer and they passed away 29 days from each other. We were talking to her and she said she wanted to get sealed to her husband since he was the best thing that's happened to her. So we are going to work with her to get to the temple. Her daughter and son in law, Cournie and Josh Jewell, are less active as well. But Courtnie came to church on Sunday and said she was pregnant! So we are going to try and work with them to get their family to the temple. Maybe with a baby on the way it will give them more reason to live the gospel. And Bro Eslinger is Sis Step's uncle. He is less active too, but he is amazing. And we're hoping that working with his family and getting them to the temple will help him get there too. WE ARE SO EXCITED!

* We had a great lesson with Nancy on Thursday. Usually I'm so nervous about what we're going to teach her. But I've learned. We prepared, and then I was like "nope, no being nervous this time. We have a lesson plan. We are going to go in there and see where she's at, and then we'll let the Spirit guide". You know what?! IT DID!!!! It's so cool to see how certain things being said popped up, and we were able to relate it to the lesson we had planned. We talked about the Atonement and I did the salt, pepper, and dishwashing soap visual. She is also planning to come to our branch this Sunday! OH MY GOODNESS, WHAT A MIRACLE. AH! I love it! And Ashton Fuller's baptism is this Sunday, so it'll be PERFECT for her to see a baptism!

* We had a lesson with Riley...and we've been worried about him. It's hard for him to pay attention to the lessons...but we ended up relating the Gospel of Jesus Christ to his video games. Crazy eh? Oh man, it was nuts. I'm like where is this coming from? Haha, but at least he got it!

* We started teaching Justin the new-member lessons. We focused on missionary work and so he is going to help us with Riley because we know the example he is to him and how much Riley looks up to him.

* We had a lesson with Sister May about prayer and faith. She's a less active, and she's been praying to know if this church is true. What's crazy is i was super antzy and tried and impatient because it was just so hot. And i found myself stalling. But I said a prayer in my heart for the Spirit to help me help her. And it did. Afterwards I was like "wow". The spirit was so strong and you could tell Sister May was really pondering about what we were saying.

* We got to visit with the Lewis' and the Ritchey's this week. Seriously, Bro Lewis and Bro Ritchey are the epidemy of the prophet's council "choose who you love and love your choice". Bro Lewis saw Sis Lewis when she was 16 and he knew he wanted to marry her, and he did! And after Bro Ritchey and Sis Ritchey's first date, he asked her to marry him. CRAZY! But you can still tell how in love they still are with their spouses. Haha sister fernandez and i are just all rawr rawr rawr when we left their homes. They are such sweet sweet men, and their wives are just so awesome. 

* Yesterday was pday and we had a combined activity of the Champaigne and Springfield zones. It was so much fun! All 3 of my district leaders were there. That was so cool to see them all in one place. Elder Tindall and Elder Stewart both asked Sister Fernandez how I was doing as a trainer and she's like "she's great!" and they both replied "no, really..." LOL how dare they. But i love them both. They were awesome leaders. We played capture the flag...IN THE WOODS. It was crazy. We were on a member's property and it is huge! But our base was in the woods in a treehouse and i was defence. It was so much fun! Our team had to wait our turn though. So while we waited to play we put paint on our faces....yes, seriousness. And we took jumping photos. Haha my group is awesome. I finally met Elder Texiera (tuh-shay-duh). He's my fellow Canadian! LOL we were in the same team and he's like "Sister Limas, are you Canadian?" I'm like yes! He's like "i know! I've been dying to meet you!" LOLOOLOL i can't even explain how good it is to finally have a fellow Canadian hahaha. SOMEONE ACTUALLY UNDERSTANDS TIM HORTONS!!!! YESSSSS!!!

* We had Zone Meeting this morning. So every 1st week of the month, we are going to have a zone meeting instead of district meeting. I thought it was great!!! Its so much fun to get with your whole zone! And i have made friends with lots of the sisters in my zone now. They are just awesome and I love them!

Anyway that was my week and beginning of this week
Hope you all have a fab one!
Miss you all tons!
Mucho loving,
Sister Limas

PHOTOS:


Sis Scott and I. I just love that chica.


    my team for capture the flag :)

Jumping Picture!!
                                             



Post a Comment

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .