instagram

Oh, It's Such a Small World

Monday, December 23, 2013


SO I have to give you a little background story before I go off on my excitement from this week.

After I got my mission call, Amaru Anderson (now Hermana Anderson serving in Barcelona, Spain yeyuuuh!), told me her friend Logan Smith was serving in the Missouri St Louis Mission. She gave me his facebook page and told me to write him to ask him about the mission. Buuuut I didn't end up doing it cuz I didn't have his "current" address (which is a pretty dumb excuse now that I look back cuz i could have sent it to the mission office LOL). Anyway! Months ago, after I had attended the New Trainers Meeting, we had gone to the mission office to get some stuff. In the elevator I met an Elder Smith from British Columbia. Totally looked like a stiffy and we didn't say much to each other. Anywhoozers, fast forwarding to last Sunday...my district leader Elder Williams (who just went home) tells us our new district leader is Elder Smith "and he's from Canada Sister Limas! Woo!" And i'm like yeah, but is he from Ottawa? How many Elder Smith's are there in the mission that are Canadian?! :/ Hahaha ok well Elder Smith calls us on Wednesday night and the conversation goes as follows:

Me: Hey you're Canadian right...
Smith: Yeah! I currently live in British Columbia, but I lived in Ottawa for two years.
Me: NO WAY. Do you know Amaru Anderson?
Smith: YOU KNOW AMARU?!?! Whaaaat!
Me: Yeah she told me about you before coming out!
Smith: Dude, her boyfriend is like my best friend!!!

Bahaha yesssss. The whole time at district meeting on Friday I just kept laughing to myself cuz he sounds EXACTLY like Amaru.  It was so funny. Just way chill and laid back. We went to district dinner afterwards and WE KNOW SO MANY OF THE SAME PEOPLE O____O Apparently he's chilled in the GTA quite a bit. We said we should see how many mutual friends we have on Facebook, but we obviously can't do that lol. And he even knows some people from Marc Garneau. Say what? Out of all schools, who would know people from MGCI? LOL. (No offence. I love my MGCI friends haha. but if you're from Garneau you'll totally know what i mean). So if any of you know a Logan Smith, he says hi :) He said he knows Nicole Leon, Emily Jones, Jared Lim, Vicki Brook, Joe Ward (served in Toronto & in the band Behind Sapphire)...and just a bunch of other names sounded familiar to him and his friends sound familiar to me. But yah, he says hi. If his name sounds famliar to you, shoot me an email so I can let him know I know you! It is such a small world! And to add to it, his companion, Elder Oskins, was born and adopted in Ontario and moved to Pheonix. So of course I ask "Do you know Taylor Webb? Or Matt Webb?" (they both served as APs in Toronto). And he's like "yuuuup, i think taylor's in my ward". LOLOLOL oh man. I just love it. Oh, and to add to the excitement, Elder Texeria got transfered into my zone! Aw yah! (My BC Canadian buddy). And now he's serving with Elder Abad (the only other filipino in the mission LOL). Aaaand, Elder Dingman (my foster child!) got transfered into my district. SWEETNESS!

ANYWAY, that is pretty much all my exciting news. I've been sick all week and just have looked absolutely pathetic sleeping on the recliner trying to catch up on sleep. Every time I say "no really, we can work", Sister Linton commands me to get back in bed. Haha oh man. We called the nurse up and she put me on a fat-free diet to try and see if it might be my gall-bladder making me sick in the morning. Do you know how many leaders have asked me if im pregnant? Yeah, NOT FUNNY. Especially since I've been losing weight instead of gaining. Anyway after the fat-free diet, she put me back on fat and i almost puked  from eating a few bites of cereal. So the past few days I've just had absolutely no appetite to eat, and when I finally do it's like in the evening, and then I'll eat a bit and try hard to keep it all down. GAH. Food still sounds so uber good to me....i just can't eat it. Oh the heartache of not being able to eat cheese and spicy-ness! The nurse also said I may have to talk to the mission psych doctor. Ahhhh, i dont want toooooo. A few missionaries I know have been to his office to talk to him and i'm like no no no no noooo. i don't want to be told i have something wrong with me -____-" So i am currently avoiding it lol. We had comp inventory and I just kept apologizing to sister linton for being so physically weak and such a sap. I told her one of her strengths is definitely being compassionate and understanding, because she's been through it. She knows how I and some other elders in my district feel because she's been where we've been. And she knows how to be empathetic about it, which I am extremely grateful for. And then she tells me what she admires is how strong i am. That no matter how much things are weighing down, im being obedient to what heavenly father wants me to do even though it makes me vulnerable. And then we just had a crying session cuz she's like "i'm not going to let them send you home. we're going to get through this together. And i will be holding on to your ankle if they send you to the airport. I'm not going to let you go home."

But enough of that sappy-ness! I am feeling a whole lot better. Still feeling notious in the morning, but hey! I ate grapes today!!! Now that's a miracle. The body is definitely a blessing and allows us to do and experience things our Spirit wouldn't be able to do on its own. But i hate the physical limitations of a weak vessel. Le sigh. But hey, at least i'm smiling and not dead :D

On a happier note, on Saturday we were able to visit a few people. We met with Guadalupe (who HAD a baptism date for the 28th but not anymore. Man, we aren't going to be able to contribute to the 450 for the end of this year!!! -.-") She had gotten eye surgery and her doctor said she can't get baptized until it gets warmer to make sure she doesn't get an infection in her lungs. Ok here's my relationship oh Guadalupe. She's a wonderful lady. She really is. And we are constantly telling her that she is beautiful daughter of God because of the relationship she has with him and it doesn't matter what other people say about her. She has low self esteem issues and a lot of health problems. But you can only say things so many times until it sounds vain. And so my relationship with her has pretty much become 'ok here we go again'. But when we saw her on Saturday she told us that she now has 20/20 vision in her eye. MY HEART LEPT WITH JOY! Like I have not been that genuinly joyous for weeks! Then it made me realize how much I actually love and care about this lady. Cuz normally I'd probably get excited or say "i'm so happy for you". But i could literally feel my heart jump from happiness. I just squealed and gave her a hug. She has been so worried that she would go blind and it was such a miracle to hear 20/20. Oh WHEWWW, its good to know preisthood blessings work!

Last thing. I've been reading Alma 5. Want a good self-evaluation? Go read Alma 5 and evaluate yourself. And bless the missionary's soul that left their BOM Institute Manuel in my desk!!! I have been kicking myself in the butt for the past 7 months because I didn't take mine with me. But now I've got one. Thank goodness. It's just soooo good. I want to share a quote from Elder Holland:

"I testify that no one of us is less treasured or cherished of God than another. I testiofy that He loves each of us--insecurities, anxierties, self-image, and all. He doesn't measure our talents or our looks; He doesn't measure our professions or our possessions. He cheers on every runner, calling out that the race is against sin, not against each other. I know that if we will be faithful, there is a perfectly tailored robe of righteousness ready and waiting for everyone, 'robes...made...white in the blood of the Lamb' [Revelation 7:4]. May we encourage each other in our effort to win that prize"

Hey, just don't forget to love those around you. Christmas is the perfect time to do that. But make it happen all-year round. Neglct not the gift that is in thee. Help your brothers and sisters come unto Christ. Sis Brooks had shared a really awesome Christmas thought with me and I was going to share it here but I forgot it at home -_-" But i'll share it next week!

But here's a short Christmas poem :)
What is Christmas?
It's more than a day at the end of the year,
More than a season of joy and good cheer--
Christmas is really God's pattern for living,
To be followed all year by unselfish giving.
For in giving to others and in being kind
Man finds true joy and peace of mind--
And peace on earth will come to stay
When we live Christmas every day.
--Helen Steiner Rice

I can't wait till all-y'all get my Christmas cards. I asked Sara to post my Christmas message I had sent everybody onto my blog too. I originally was just writing it for the ward bulletin, but when I finished it I was like "umm...i should probably send this to everyone else". Haha. So hopefully you'll get it or see it posted soon.

MERRY CHRITSMAS EVERYONE! Hope you all have a wonderful one :) And I can't wait to Skyyyyype! Love you allls :)

Mucho Lovin' from a less-sickly Sister Limas :)




1 comment

  1. Sister Limas, I was going to write a letter and ask if you know Elder Logan Smith. His father Nansen and I were roommates for a while after our missions.

    ReplyDelete

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .