instagram

"Declaring my gospel with the sound of rejoicing"

Monday, May 5, 2014

I'm going to try to keep this short and sweet because I don't have much computer time left.

This week has been SO AWESOME! I don't even know where to begin, but I'll tell you my tender mercies later. But I will just share the experience we had at Zone Leader Training this week.

Sister Sheppard and Elder Dingman (my foster children) both gave trainings. I'm so proud of those two. They have just grown so much since we were all in the same district together. They are both amazing missionaries.

Elder Christensen (one of our zone leaders) was the last person to give a training and all he said was, "we're going to go around the room and take turns bearing testimony. No stories, no experiences. Just the most simple and powerful testimony you can give." I obviously was not paying attention because at first I thought he just meant the Elders sitting in the back. But then it started snaking around the room and I'm like OH, I have to say it too. By the time the Elders behind me were bearing testimony, I start getting emotional. I'm like great, I have no hope of not crying. Sister Ash was sitting beside me and she looks at me and she's like "oh gosh! Some things never change!" Bahaha. So I get up to bear testimony and of course I'm the first one to start crying -_____-" Then Sister Ash gets up and she totally broke down. She sits down and she's like "it's all your fault!" Baha. Elder Christensen bore his testimony last. It was so powerful! He kept telling, practically begging, us to bear simple testimony to everyone we see because they NEED to hear it. Man, I wish I had a tape recorder. He just spoke so powerfully! After the meeting I went to hug Sister Minyard and Sister Lynch (the sisters in my district) cuz they were the only other sisters that cried too. Sister Minyard said she was ok until I started to bear my testimony, then she got emotional. Sister Lynch agreed with her. Seriously? I didn't say much. But I will bear testimony to you too that I know that each of us are sons and daughters of a loving Heavenly Father. I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can have our weaknesses becomes strengths. We can do hard things because of Him. And through Him we can return to our Father in Heaven again. I bear you that simple testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I don't really know what to say about this week except I've come to realize how much joy I take out of sharing the gospel with others. As we tract, I get so much and happiness and joy by just saying "Hi! My name is Sister Limas and I am a missionary from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!" When I came to realize that I laughed. I flashbacked to the time I told y'all about the last time I was tracting with the last sister I trained and that I no longer hated tracting, but I wasn't in love with it either. But now I just LOVE telling people who we are and what this Gospel has to offer. I feel so lucky and privileged to represent the Lord in the Farmington area. Being called to train Sister Craig is such a tender mercy because as we are going back to basics. It's great because I am coming up on my year mark, and the Lord has been showing me things that I've improved on and what else I can still improve on from the basics with the 6 months I have left. I don't think I've ever been happier sharing what I know is true and baring testimony of what is most important to me. It kinda makes me laugh to think how scared, nervous, and whiny I was when I first came out. I'm glad the majority of that is gone haha. I know that these changes couldn't have happened without my Saviour. I will admit that for a time it was hard for me to say my "slogan": 'I believe in Christ so come what may; Life--bring it!' For a while I DIDN'T want life to bring it because I couldn't handle what life was bringing to me anymore. But I know the experiences, the trials, the challenges, the sicknesses, the heartaches, were all just building blocks Heavenly Father needed to throw at me to make me stronger. And I will be forever grateful for that. I know that through the Saviour I was able to overcome those challenges and find strength when I was at my lowest and weakest. I know that because I believe in Christ I CAN do and deal with all the things life throws at me. I know that the works of miracles, both in the area and in myself, are only possible through the Lord. This is HIS work! Of course He's going to make the miracles happen! And I am a daughter of the Almighty King! Of course He's going to make the miracle changes within me; I'm His daughter and we wants me to become like Him.

I just want to share a few quotes I'm come across during my studies this week. They all tie in together with what I just said. Here we go:

1. "We must change anything we can change that may be part of the problem...We thank our Father in Heaven we are allowed to change, we thank Jesus we can change, and ultimately we do so only with Their divine assistance. Certainly not everything we struggle with is a result of our actions. Often it is the result of the actions of others or just the mortal events of life. But anything we can change we should change, and we must forgive the rest. In this way our access to the Savior's Atonement becomes as unimpeded as we, with our imperfection, can make it. He will take it from there." -- Elder Holland

2. "The word disciple comes from the Latin [meaning] a learner. A disciple of Christ is one who is learning to be like Christ--learning to think, to feel, and to act as he does. To be a true disciple, to fulfill that learning task, is the most demanding regimen known to man. No other discipline compares...in either requirements or rewards. It involves the total transformation of a person from the state of the natural man to that of [a] saint, one who loves the Lord and serves with all of his heart, might, mind, and strength" -- Chauncey C. Riddle

3. "The Saviour said He would no longer accept burnt offerings of animals. The gift of sacrifice He will accept now is 'a broken heart and a contrite spirit' [3 Nephi 9:20]... You can offer the Lord the gift of your broken, or repentant, heart and your contrite, or obedient, spirit. In reality, it is the gift of yourself--what you are and what you are becoming. Is there something in you or in your life that is impure or unworthy? When you get rid of it, that is a gift to the Saviour. Is there a good habit or quality that is lacking in your life? When you adopt it and make it part of your character, you are giving a gift to the Lord." -- Elder Christofferson

Just some quotes for y'all to probe on :) I know that just because I'm a missionary doesn't give me any special permission to change. We're all supposed to do it. In the Book of Mormon it says that if Adam hadn't eaten of the fruit, then the plan would have been frustrated because there would be no need for repentance. Repentance is just a big word for change. Can you imagine? The Lord's plan requires repentance; it requires change! And that's because the purpose of us coming to this earth is to learn and grow so we can become like our Father. We were sent here to become like Him. Make the most of the time you have on this earth. Make the most of the gift of a body Heavenly Father has given you. What are you doing today to change? What are you doing today to influence others?

ANYWAY, I don't have time for all the tender mercies haha. Just know that this week was great, but then the past couple days we just had setbacks and dropped appointments...but we still prospered anyway! We were still lead to people that needed to hear from us as we stayed anxiously engaged. The Lord keeps His promises of prosperity when we do what He asks!

Hope you have an amazing week!
MUCHO LOVIN'
Sister Limas

PS I apologize to any missionary that I ever asked, "how much time do you have left?" or said, "woah you're going home soon". Now that I'm in the missionary spot, I know what getting told that feels like. It stinks!


The Cape Girardeau Crew (Zone)!!!
Elder Dahle: Why does Sister Limas get to be in the driver's seat?
Me: Because I don't have a license!
Elder Dahle: Canadians...

I'm not in this photo but I have to share it because AJ SCHEINER GOT BAPTIZED!!!! He was one of the investigators I was teaching in Paris, Illinois! GAH. I am so stinking happy right now!!!! (But the Sister on the right is my niece hehe :p)

Post a Comment

my lovely chaos © . QUINN CREATIVES DESIGN .